Sara Johanna Bayer
D.A.O.M., M.A., L.Ac., L.M.T. Certified Advanced Rolfer® Certified Rolf Movement Practitioner®
Dr. Bayer is the Director of Clinical Education and DAOM Program Director in the Department of Acupuncture and East Asian Medicine.
"All walks of life are welcome in my practice. I combine elements of acupuncture philosophy with elements of Rolfing® Structural Integration (when appropriate) to address the concerns of my patients. I believe physical and/or mental health is improved by collaboration between healthcare providers and their patients."
Besides bodywork and teaching, Sara enjoys practicing the Japanese shakuhachi flute, taking long bicycle rides, plein-aire painting, and the occasional trip to far-away lands. She’s been to China to study acupuncture, India to practice yoga, and to Europe to paint, eat, drink, and watch life from another vantage point. She is an avid reader.
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine - Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (2014)
- Certified Advanced Rolfer® - Dr. Ida Rolf Institute (2010)
- Certificate of Completion in Acupuncture - California Acupuncture College San Diego (1986)
- Certificate, International Acupuncture Training Course - Beijing Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine (1985)
- Master of Arts, Chinese Language and Literature - University of Michigan Ann Arbor (1982)
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature - University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana (1975)
- Myofascial pain
- Digestive disorders
- Wellness support