Katherine L. Carvlin
Katherine L. Carvlin is an Adjunct clinical faculty in the Department of Naturopathic Medicine IV Therapy supervisor
Dr. Carvlin is passionate about preventative health, and as such, she practices from the perspective of environmental health. Clean air, food, water, and a home environment set the foundation for a healthy body, and is critical to prevent and overcome chronic disease. While preventing disease is ideal, it is not always realistic: acute and chronic diseases happen! Dr. Carvlin collaborates with her patients to create a health care plan in line with their values and goals. To guide patients in their health, she utilizes all tools of naturopathic medicine, most notably: nutrition, nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals, botanical medicine, hydrotherapy, visceral manipulation, and IV/injection therapy.
Dr. Carvlin has worked in the health industry for 7 years. Prior to becoming an ND, Dr. Carvlin maintained a nutrition consultation business, where she provided individualized nutrition and lifestyle guidance to families across the nation. Her work as a nutritionist inspired Dr. Carvlin to pursue a career in naturopathic medicine, where nutrition is still an integral tool in her practice.
- University of Chicago, BA in Psychology (2011)
- Hawthorn University, MS in Holistic Nutrition (2012)
- Bastyr University, Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine (2017)
- Bastyr Center for Natural Health, Residency (2018)
- Environmental medicine (i.e. allergies and asthma, mold-related illness, heavy metal toxicity
- Multiple chemical sensitivity, (occupational exposure)
- Fertility and preconception care
- Women's health
- GI conditions and digestive health
- Nutrition assessments and weight management
- Autoimmune conditions